update of the map, page size increased vertically to allow more room for the key and list of locations. Colors modified somewhat, and hopefully all spelling errors corrected.
- 2 colored versions, light and dark
- added list of buildings/locations in some of the Regios
- marked the player’s “base”/HQ on the map and labeled it in the “key” area
- Removed the 2 unused hive silhouettes & highlighted the “thorn” a little better (hopefully)
- Moved the scale note down beneath the hive silhouette (leaving room for a title, if wanted)
** As things are added to the map, I may increase the size of the page (not the scale, though) for extra room. Especially as I add buildings with numbers/letters and ‘link’ them to the text at the bottom, and as more buildings are added overall.
- Added a light grid.
- Added a faint/light background.
- Added the comm towers.
- Haven’t changed anything else just yet.
Prelim map drafts.
Scale is 2 cm = 1 mile (the border shows that measurement, tho’ I forgot to actually write it out on this draft)
- light (possibly dotted/dashed) grid across the map? Maybe fading out around the edges?
- box around the hive silhouette (as on the Helsreach map); only *one* silhouette on the final, of course!
- Font? At least it’s legible, but I’m not sure it works quite right; might try some others, particularly sans-serif.
- Font size/number of on-main-map labels? If this is as complicated as this map is going to get, both are fine (a smaller size would not go amiss, however, as long as its legible).
- Title? Possibly in a different font (something more … “gothic”, perhaps)?
- A key, *if* (and probably only if) the map gets more complicated.
- The colors on the colored version are okay (at least they’re cohesive, and I based them somewhat on that Helsreach map); but they could do with some tweaking, and possibly the addition of a background. Something like a parchment color + texture, perhaps. Or something smoother?
I’ll be adding in the comm towers in the next 20 minutes or so. Check back for updates!
One response to “Hive Maps”